Small businesses just starting out may have questions about Amazon photography.
Questions like: What kinds of photos do we need? What types of shots should we ask for?
Here are 12 types of photographs you definitely need to have before you start creating your Amazon listing.
1. Head-on forward-facing shot
- Should be level with the camera to make everything very easy to read from the search results page (SERP)
- Ideally, if you’re packaging has been designed for search then it should grab attention quickly and clearly communicate what the product is and the value it provides to the customer
2. All sides of the product packaging
- Important to have high-resolution images of all sides of the packaging in order to allow the customer to read everything as they would in the store.
3. Open box, display
- Helps to differentiate in search and or show how the product can be shown
- Also helps to communicate more information in search by showing both the side, front and the top of the packaging inside
4. 3/4 shot (left and right)
- This is for A/B testing in the main image but also great for adding depth to graphics
5. Everything included
- Allows to show customers the product that they’ll receive and can be combined with the box.
- You’ll want to have photos of all of the parts so that they can be used in graphics in addition to the main image
6. Product out of box or packaging
This can work for CPG goods where you want to be able to show a little of the product and differentiate in search (not just plain boring packaging).
7. Product in Display
- Some items have a lot of parts that you’ll want to display in different ways. It’s important to have various versions that you can A/B test.
8. Product closeups
These types of images help customers see products in more detail. They can also make nice backgrounds for graphics like in the case below.
9. Product closeups in use
Great for graphics and helping convey more information about the product.
10. Product aesthetic lifestyle
- If you are getting more than just white background photography and want a look and feel for your products then you will also want to get some product arrangements in aesthetics that will appeal to your customer
This works especially well for food photography. These images can then be combined into graphics like below:
11. Lifestyle in use (with human)
- This kind of Amazon photography is really important to show the look and feel of the product so a person can envision themselves using it.
- You also want these photos to convey emotion
12. Wide angle photographs
These are great for A+ content!
Are there any we’ve missed? Let us know!