As an Amazon agency, it’s important that our clients have the ability to manage user permissions on their Seller Central account. This not only allows them to give access to the right people so they can add products, create A+ Content, and design stores, but it also helps protect their account from unauthorized changes.
But after numerous conversations with clients we’ve come to the realization that this is not a straightforward process.
If you’ve experienced this as well then we’re here to help.
In this post, we’ll guide you through the process of inviting and setting user permissions for Amazon’s Seller Central so you can finally give access to those wonderful people who are going to help lower your advertising costs and increase your sales on Amazon (like us 😉).
How to invite a user to Amazon’s Seller Central
1. Select the setting icons in the top right-hand corner of the menu bar. It should be visible from every page in Seller Central.
2. Select “User Permissions” from the dropdown.
3. Scroll down to the “Add a new user” section and enter their name and email address (don’t forget to double-check the spelling).
4. The person you’ve invited now has to accept the invitation via an email sent to the address you invited. This is on them but do let them know when you’ve sent the email and don’t be shy about following up.
How to Set User Permissions in Seller Central
Once the user has accepted the invitation, you can begin setting their permissions.
WARNING: You are about to give important and sensitive access to your account. Please make sure you trust the person you are inviting and be sure to become familiar with how to remove permissions and/or delete the user from the account. Amazon also changes and adds permissions over time so keep in mind that the view may change.
1. Click on “Manage Permissions” for the user you want to do this for.
2. If you want to set permissions for the user to be able to add or edit products/listings in your inventory, you’ll need to give access to “View & Edit” under the inventory section.
3. To manage A+ Content on Amazon, you’ll find the setting under Advertising. Select “View & Edit” under A+ Content Manager.
4. To create or edit Stores, select “View & Edit” for Storefront Names and Stores Builder under Store Design.
5. To allow a user to create and manage advertising campaigns, select “View & Edit” under all that apply in Advertising.
We hope this step-by-step tutorial made it easy for you to understand how to invite a new user and set permissions in Seller Central.
We’ve included a video below here from Amazon on keeping your Seller Central account secure.
If you have any questions about how to succeed on Amazon, book a call! We’re here to help.